Dr. Chuck Lawless defines prayer as “a cry for relationship and a commitment of dependence.”
- Thank God for His provision of friends in your life (James 1:17). A community of friendships helps you/me make right decisions (Proverbs 18:1).
- Ask God to give you awareness of areas in your life where you’re susceptible to falling into sin (Genesis 4:7) and that He would give you grace and victory over those struggles (1 Corinthians 10:13).
- Praise God for the truth that you are not who your sin says you are but you are redeemed, forgiven, and justified in Jesus (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).
- Ask God that He would incline your heart towards the myriad ways you can be generous this Thanksgiving/Christmas season (Angel Tree, International Missions w/our Lottie Moon offering on 12.9.18, Operation Christmas Child).
- Ask God for courage to engage neighbors, friends, and family members with the hope and truth we have in Jesus this Thanksgiving/Christmas season.