Dear Foothills Family!
There have been significant changes in the news this week surrounding the corona virus. The Governor has declared a state of emergency to mobilize funds should significant health care needs arise, but currently there are just 8 active cases in the State.
The State Health Department has posted 5 Public Health Recommendations on their dashboard;
- No recommendations to cancel mass gatherings at this time
- No recommendations to close schools at this time.
- No current changes to normal business activities.
- Increase hand hygiene
- Stay home when you are sick
We are aware of the voluntarily enacted local and statewide precautions and closings affecting sports, entertainment, and school systems, including the Kyrene school district. So how are we responding at Foothills?
In light of the State Health Departments recommendations:
- We will gather for worship on Sunday at 9:00 and 10:45 am. Our facilities are clean and ready. We will greet each other with smiles and waves rather than handshakes; between services we will provide individually wrapped snacks, and the hospitality team will serve the coffee and water. You will be able to give your offering at the doors at the close of worship.
- If you are not well, please stay home for your own health and that of others. But join us for the sermon on our Facebook livestream around 9:20 am.
- At this time, we will hold Wednesday activities, including student ministry, and Awana. However, we will suspend dinner this week.
Finally, as the world reacts to this crisis, how do we respond as the people of God?
- People are thinking about their own mortality. Be ready to share the reason for the hope that you have in Christ. 1 Pet. 3:15
- While we practice some “social distancing” let’s draw near to God. Spend time in the scriptures and prayer for our world, for healthcare providers, the sick, the church, and government leaders.
- Let’s love one another, check on one another and care for one another. Use your health to serve, not to hide. Prov. 3:5-6
The Elder Team