Reopening Plans for Kids, Students, Foothills Groups, and Worship
Even though the pandemic has disrupted our usual rhythms of worship and ministry, and even when we couldn’t physically gather, we still have much to celebrate!
Many people have been engaged in our Equip courses on marriage, parenting, and hermeneutics.
- We’ve engaged non-Christians in our Exploring Christianity courses, and our ESL ministry to local Japanese speakers continues.
- And what about 140 kids in virtual VBS, reaching kids not only in our community, but in three states and one other country!
Add to all of that the strength of our giving has been a grace from the Lord allowing us to continue doing ministry. We have much to thank God for.
The Elder Team and Ministry Staff have been working on a reopening plan that focuses on safety, as well as not creating a burden for parents of children and students. Our desire to gather again for ministry and worship is strong, and the plan below introduces how we will reopen our ministries to Kids, Students, through Foothills Groups, and Worship.
At the same time, we are mindful of those who are not quite ready to gather, and those who simply can’t due to health considerations. So, we will have virtual options and live streaming available.
Here’s the plan beginning with Kids and Students, then Foothills Groups, and finally worship.
- Ministry with Kids and Students will begin virtually on August 19. These virtual meetings will be on Wednesday nights: Kids (1-5th graders) will meet from 6-7pm, students will meet from 7-8pm.
- If schools open for in-person learning on August 17, we will open for in-person Sunday School and Wednesday evenings for all ages beginning the week of September 6. If schools open for in-person classes later than August 17, we will adjust our in-person start date accordingly.
- We do realize that some parents will not yet be comfortable with an in-person gathering of kids and students, so a Wednesday night virtual option will continue to be offered.
- Foothills Groups will begin meeting virtually between August 16-23. Foothills Group Leaders will be in touch with their members.
- We will resume in-person worship on Sunday, August 30 at 9:00 and 10:45 am, in two venues: the worship center and the student building.
- Each venue will have limited capacity (65 for the Worship Center, 50 for the Student Building). We will ask you to RSVP prior to attending.
- We will continue to livestream worship for those who are not comfortable or able to attend.
- The Student Building venue will be an identical service led by a live band and worship leaders. They will then watch the sermon by livestream.
- All previous mitigation efforts will be in place: physical distancing, face coverings, cleaning between services.