We are excited about beginning to gather again for worship on Sunday, June 7. As we plan to reopen, we are committed to opening safely, strategically and spiritually. You may find some of our adjustments to be too little or too much. At the same time, as a family of believers let’s make sure that our lives and our words demonstrate our love for and desire to honor Christ and each other. So, here is what you can expect related to each of these:
- We are observing the guidelines of our AZ DHS and the CDC to provide as clean and safe an environment as possible for ourselves and our guests.
- The foyer and entry doors will be propped open as you enter and exit to minimize touching surfaces.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
- We encourage you to wear a mask. The Elder Team will wear masks when not on the platform.
- Please maintain physical distancing upon arrival, as you sit through worship, and upon your exit.
- For the sake of physical distancing we have limited the capacity of our Worship Center. If we reach capacity in that room, we will then open the Student Building as overflow.
- The water fountains will be off.
- If you or your children are not feeling well, or running a fever, please stay home and worship with us through livestream.
- If you are particularly vulnerable because of age or physical condition, or simply do not feel ready to join us for public worship we encourage you to stay home and worship with us through livestream.
- If you give by cash or check, you may drop your offering in one of the two offering boxes mounted to the wall in the foyer. You may continue to give online and through the App.
- We will not be offering hospitality items before or after worship.
- To minimize items to be cleaned all hymnals, bibles, envelopes, and pens will be removed from the pews.
- You may enter and exit the Worship Center through the main doors adjacent to the parking lot. You may enter and exit the Student Building through its main doors. All other entry doors to the facilities will be locked.
- We will disinfect all touched surfaces between services. If you attend 9am worship, please exit promptly to enable our team to clean before the second service.
- We will hold 2 Services, one at 9 and a second at 10:45am. Both services will be limited in capacity, for the sake of physical distancing, and in time for the sake of families in worship. We will count people as they enter to ensure we do not go over our capacity. Both the Worship Center and the Student building will be available for the first service. However, only the Worship Center will be available during the second service.
- Childcare and Sunday School continues to be suspended. Parents will receive a digital activity page by email the week prior to worship. You can download, print and bring that with you to help your children engage in worship.
- Choir and Orchestra continues to be suspended.
- Livestream for worship will be available. If you are particularly vulnerable or are not quite ready to return to public worship simply click the “Livesteam” button on the homepage of the website. (It will replace the “Church@Home” button) Into the future our livestream will also become another “front door” for people seeking to know more about Christ and our church.
- On June 7 bring a bag of groceries to serve families in crisis through our mission partner, Rio Vista Center. Imagine the impact of 400 bags of groceries!
- We will be providing Equip Courses via ZOOM this summer on Marriage and Parenting, Financial Peace University and Hermeneutics.
- Alongside our Deacon Ministry the Elder Team, and our Foothills Groups will continue to care for our shut-ins, and those experiencing crisis within this crisis.
- We will continue to hold the prayer meeting prior to 9am worship with adjustments for physical distancing.
- We will continue to equip ourselves to have gospel conversations, share stories of conversations we’ve had and pray for the spread of the gospel in Ahwatukee.