http://www.foothillsbaptist.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/prayer-points-featured.jpg 1080 1920 Nathan Millican http://www.foothillsbaptist.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/ahwatukee-churches-logo-header-340x156.png Nathan Millican2017-10-03 09:56:312017-10-04 16:09:39Prayer Points: October
What a tremendous privilege we have in prayer! Remember, prayer is simply having a conversation with God. Here’s some suggestions for what to pray for:
- Praise God for his steadfast love that we’ve received in Jesus. Praise Him that despite our best efforts nothing can separate us from that amazing love!
- Ask God for sustaining grace for our workers overseas (John/Chris Trout) and three of our local church partners here in Phoenix (Shea/Amber Ferguson with Freedom Life Church, Anthony/Karla Cox with Mercy Hill Church and Trevor/Chelsea Bush with Christian Challenge at ASU).
- Ask God to incline your heart to grow in your love for Him and for those around you and then ask Him in what areas of your life do you need to surrender to Him.
- Thank God that our church is unified and committed to Jesus and pray that we could continue to be committed to seeking to “Engage people to put Jesus first for the sake of others.”
- Praise and thank the Father that in believing in Jesus we are free, we are forgiven, we are counted righteous, we are given life, we are called sons/daughters of God and that our lives are held in His sovereign hand!
- Pray for the family and friends affected by the Las Vegas shooting. Our country is in deep need of prayer but that does not mean God is not here. There is a loving Presence at work in the universe. Here’s a great article by Russell Moore that we recommend reading.