Dear Foothills Church Family,
We are grateful for the grace we have received from the Lord in answer to your prayers for us this last month. Please do not grow weary in that good work, and ask God to give us the wisdom and faith necessary to serve Foothills in a way that honors Christ.
Our next Family Meeting is May 19 from 4-5:30pm. During that meeting, and per our Bylaws, we will ask you to affirm the Elder Team Officers and the Lead Elder Search Team. These two groups are related to the next steps in our transition.
Over the last month we have prayed through the process to nominate both of these groups to you, and do so without reservation. We hope you will pray over them and be prepared to affirm them on Sunday, May 19 at 4pm.
- The Elder Team Officers (Bylaws section 6.5.2).
- Gary Plooster, Chair
- Jon Tso, Vice-Chair
- David Gantenbein, Secretary
- The Lead Elder Search Team (Bylaws section 6.2.2):
- Kevin Allen, Chair (Lay Elder)
- Craig Anderson, (Vocational Elder)
- Jeanne Nation, (Ministry Staff)
- Ken Boeckler, (Deacon)
- Kelly Jodon, (Member at Large)
- Kyle Macleish, (Member at Large)
- Beth Shook, (Member at Large)
A short-bio on the nominees for the Lead Elder Search Team can be found here.
Because of the resurrection of Jesus let us continue to “be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.” (1 Corinthians 15:58)
Trusting Jesus with you,
The Elder Team