The Lead Elder Search Team has interviewed a candidate for the Lead Elder position. The following steps have been taken.
- Requested and received a resume from this individual.
- Received a completed 18-page Theological Questionnaire.
- Received a completed 9-page Interview Questionnaire.
- Follow-up interview was done with the candidate and his wife.
- Search Team has unanimously affirmed this candidate and presented him to the Elder Team with all supporting documents for their consideration.
In order to move forward, these are the next steps that will be taken.
- Lead Elder Team will be scheduling their own interviews with the candidate.
- Search Team will begin background and reference checks.
- If the candidate is affirmed by the Elders, the candidate will be named, and Q&A sessions will be set-up prior to a vote. Church will vote and have the final say.
- To protect the process and this man’s privacy we can’t say more until the process is completed and he is presented to the church as the selection to be our new Lead Elder.
- Please continue to pray for us and this man as we work through this process!
Now to HIM who is able to do far beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us… – Ephesians 3:20
As believers we are afforded the greatest privilege – that is, to come to our Lord in prayer. Prayer exposes our heart. It demands that we come open-handed to the Lord as we seek His heart.
The Lead Elder Search Team has bathed the search process in prayer and will continue to do so. We know that in God’s providence this day, this place, and this man are known to Him. Long before our search began, God has been equipping our Lead Elder to shepherd Foothills Baptist Church alongside our Elder Team. We do well to thank Him for the work He is doing in the life of our Lead Elder and in this body of believers.
We have a couple prayer points to help guide our time of prayer.
- Pray for our hearts to be aligned with God for the work that He has already begun, coming to Him open-handed with a desire to follow His leading.
- Thank God for His providence, for His perfect timing and provision in the life of Foothills, including the man He has chosen and equipped as our Lead Elder.
O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way. Amen -Psalm 139:1-3, 23-24